new Cora


My kids will be finished with school year in just a few days, so I decided I needed a new bag for all the outings and fun activities we're planning on doing over the next three months.


I wanted this new bag to be sturdy and larger than my regular everyday purse with lots of pockets as well as main zipper closure.  And, as luck would have it, my Cora handbag pattern fit the bill perfectly (the only adjustment I did was shortening the handles a bit and adding a removable strap).


I think the combination of  this beautiful print from Maureen Cracknell's Nightfall collection and Wicked Sky AGF denim is just perfect for this bag. And the addition of Pellon Flex Foam makes it wonderfully structured without adding extra weight.


I used metal zippers for main closure and inner zipper pocket,


and added matching hardware to the strap. I think metal hardware always adds a perfect finishing touch to any handmade bag.


I got my middle daughter to model the bag so you can see the scale better. 

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the way my new bag turned out (you can purchase the pattern here in case you'd like to make one for yourself). Just four more days and the outings can begin. Wish me luck, three months is a long time :)

Happy Monday to you all!  Svetlana