nine patch pillow


As soon as I spotted this pillow on A Beautiful Mess website, I knew I wanted to make something very similar for our family room. I love seeing traditional blocks being used in slightly unexpected ways, and this rectangular nine patch pillow fit the bill perfectly.


I combined Essex linen in flax and my screen printed linen in denim. I love the simplicity of this patchwork and thought a bit of hand quilting in sashiko thread would be a nice addition.



I used yet another Essex linen from my stash for the backing and added an invisible zipper to make it a removable pillow cover.


And then, since I didn't have embroidery thread to make tassels as called for in the tutorial, I made my own yarn tassels.

I think they make the finished pillow look pretty cute, even my kids approve :).

Finished pillow cover measures 12" x 24" and I bought the pillow form from Crate and Barrel.

Thanks for stopping by, friends.  Svetlana