HRT quilt

Hello everyone!

I'm quite excited to show you my HRT quilt featured in issue 42 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine. I love the graphic boldness of this quilt as well as the simplicity of its construction which makes it a perfect introduction to working with half rectangle triangles.


Plus, it's a great quilt to show off some of your very favorite prints. I chose Lavish by Katarina Roccella in combination with Kona white and I absolutely love how bright, happy, and fresh looking this quilt turned out.


And, as always, LPQ magazine did a fabulous job styling and photographing the quilt.


I love large scale piecing and I greatly enjoyed designing and making this quilt. When it came to quilting it, I decided to go with my all time favorite straight line quilting (lines are about 1 1/4" apart). I also added a few random horizontal lines of hand quilting using sashiko thread.


The quilt finished at 57" x 76".


And, as I already mentioned, the quilt is featured in issue 42 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine and is now available for sale in the US.

Wishing you all a super creative day. Svetlana