purse organizer {new pdf pattern}

I love making bags and purses, I'm sure you've noticed :). I do, however, absolutely despise switching bags and having to move contents from one bag to another. In fact, I dislike it so much that I usually choose one bag and use it until it's all raggedy and ready to "retire" before I move on to the next one.

And then I spotted a purse organizer at a store that looked like a large pouch with many pockets and I thought this just might be the right solution for my dilemma. The organizer I saw was made of black nylon (slightly too industrial for my taste), so I decided to go home and design my own, of course. In pretty fabric and with pockets perfectly customized to fit most of the things I tend to carry in my purse.


See? All this stuff fits in with room to spare. Which makes switching purses a breeze these days.


This is a workhorse of a pouch - it has two zipper pockets, mesh and slip pockets on the the front and  a larger slip pocket with metal snap closure on the back, slip pockets and a zipper pocket in the lining, plus a zipper closure. Phew, I know. Lots of zippers, right?



The thing about this organizer, though, is that you can use my instructions as a guide and completely customize your pouch to fit your needs. Which, of course means you can totally skip zipper pockets if you don't care for them, or add more if you like zippers even more than me :).


Plus, it would make a really great tablet case as I used Soft and Stable by Annie to make it all nicely sturdy and protective.

Finished size of this organizer is 10.5" wide x 8" tall and here's the list of materials you'd need to make one: 
1 FQ exterior fabric
½ yard contrasting fabric for pockets
¾ yard lining fabric
4” x 11 ½” mesh fabric
¾ yard SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice)
13” wide x 19” tall foam interfacing (either Soft and Stable by Annie or Pellon Flex Foam)*
one 10” metal or nylon zipper
two 8” metal or nylon zippers
one 2” long x 3/4” wide ribbon or leather strip
one 3/4” D-ring
one heavy duty snap closure (size 24 – 5/8”)
two zipper pulls (optional)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  
 As always, I worked hard to make sure all the instructions are easy to follow and photos are clear and helpful. And, once again, I had help from some talented ladies who volunteered to test the pattern for me. I'm sure you'd like to see their fantastic creations, so here we go.



Caroline made this beautiful yellow and pink flower-y organizer. Love the addition of yoyo to outer slip pocket, absolutely adorable.



My lovely friend Jen used Luxe in Bloom by Art Gallery Fabrics to make this super chic, classy organizer. Fancy, isn't it? I might need to stash some of that fabric.



I have to smile every time I look at Vicki's organizer. Such a perfect, fun fabric combo. And I absolutely adore striped binding, of course. Because striped binding makes every project 10 times better (in my humble opinion) :).

Thank you, ladies, for making these lovely organizers as well as all your helpful feedback.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I hope you like my purse organizer as much as I do. I'm offering this new pdf pattern at introductory price of $5.00 for the next 48 hours (after that the price will be $7.00). You can purchase the pattern by clicking on the link below or by going to my Etsy shop.

buy this pattern

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you all a fun and craft filled week. Svetlana