Shoulder bags by Suzuko Koseki

A few days ago my girls asked me to make bags for them. The bags were supposed to be "not too big, and not too small", just the right size to put a few of their necessities in. I knew right away which bags to make.
I had the girls choose their favorite fabrics from my stash and I used a pattern for Shoulder Bag from the book Patchwork Style by Suzuko Koseki. This bag is a perfect size for all the little knick-knacks the girls carry around.

I made a few changes to the original bag. Suzuko's bag has a patchwork front pocket, and her strap is attached to the bag differently (using handbag hardware I didn't have on hand). The girls did not want any patchwork on their bags and using just one piece of fabric for the pocket was definitely a time saver.


My daughters (and their friends) absolutely love their new bags. Now I just need to make one for myself. You know what the best thing is? These little beauties come together so quickly that choosing fabric might take me longer than the actual sewing. How great is that!!!

Svetlana